I wish you'd leave
so I can live,
tend to these wounds
and hide these scars
I need the space to pace in the
broken black that is my mind
and contemplate the things you
throw at me in bitter times
I'm held captive by
your twisted truths
your words from wine
your hate, your guile
this bird has wings,
but its feathers are clipped
so close to the bone
cut, so close to the vein
and far away
the others wait
for their fellow to come home
but it seems as if
its destined not
to be free, to fly, to roam
Flight no more,
Fight no more,
we're all just birds in a cage
and if we bite the hand that feeds,
with lashing pain and rage
we'll be no more than birds forever
trapped in this gilded cage
alone we'll make no difference
alone we'll make no change
but together we'll be at peace and safe
together we'll be whole and home
'09
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment